The AHIMA bylaw changes are coming up…. and we want to hear from our AzHIMA members before the voting takes place during the 2020 AHIMA House of Delegates on October 17, 2020!
The AzHIMA BOD will be hosting a Townhall on Tuesday, Oct 6th at 6 PM AZ Time. To join in the discussion, click here at 6 PM on Oct 6th.
Meeting #: 146 792 0056
Meeting Password: A4Bgpp2TCM8
Click here to review the bylaw amendments or view the summary below.
Bylaw Amendments Brief Description:
Article III-3.1: Article V-5.1: Article VII: 7.2, 7.7
- AHIMA updated its mission in March 2019 and we need to update the Bylaws to reflect those changes.
- In addition, update the name of the AHIMA’s conference name that changed in 2019, and we need to update Bylaws to reflect that as well.
Article IV Members, 4.8-4.12
- The AHIMA Bylaws reviewed in spring 2020 and we have need to conduct business via virtual meetings, and we need to have this language in the Bylaws.
Article VII House of Delegates, 7.1-7.2
- The Governance Task Force was created in 2019 and requesting the language in the Bylaws to reflect the House of Delegates purpose.
Article IV Members, 4.2-4.5
- AHIMA would like to change the membership model from 5 types to 2 types.
- Professional (Active, Honorary, Emeritus and Global)