HonorHealth is a non-profit, local community healthcare system serving an area of 1.6 million people in the greater Phoenix area. The network encompasses five acute-care hospitals, an extensive medical group, outpatient surgery centers, a cancer care network, clinical research, medical education, a foundation and community services.
• Assigns and sequences ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS diagnostic and procedural codes for inpatient accounts within HonorHealth. Reviews physician documentation & coding for appropriateness & accuracy and makes corrections following Medicare & AMA coding guidelines. Utilizes electronic medical record and computer-assisted coding (CAC) software. Addresses applicable coding edits. Assigns DRGs as applicable.
• Complies with system-wide coding practices to meet corporate compliance guidelines and to ensure appropriate and effective reimbursement with Patient Financial Services, medical staff and various departments. Reviews and analyzes medical records for accurate ICD code selection.
• Communicates and assists in education with an audience that may include physicians and clinical staff.
• Assists Patient Financial Services with interpretation and selection of appropriate ICD codes and /or other information requested for accurate billing and reimbursement. Possesses knowledge and understanding of failed bill parameters.
• Performs outpatient charge validation/reconciliation for outpatient coding to ensure all submitted charges are posted timely and balance with total submitted charges. Assigns charges as applicable.
• Resolves routine coding issues/problems and appropriately seeks assistance from supervisor.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, knowledge of medical record requirements, HIPAA privacy rules, and assigning and sequencing ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes.
• CCA (Certified Coding Apprentice) with successful certification of CCS in 6 months OR
• CCS (Certified Coding Specialist), or
CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder), or
RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician) or
RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator)
• Tuition assistance up to $5,250* per year
• Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance with domestic partner coverage
• 403(b) retirement savings plan that provides immediate vesting and dollar-dollar match up to 4%
• On-site child and elder care centers
• Employee assistance program
• Free parking, discounted bus passes, fitness facilities and much more!
*terms and conditions apply
HonorHealth System Overview:
• Six acute-care hospitals
• Three Level I trauma centers
• 15 Virginia G. Piper Cancer Care Network locations
• 12,000 employees
• Medical group with 70+ primary, specialty and urgent care locations
• 500+ ongoing clinical trials and studies at the HonorHealth Research Institute
• System-wide, fully integrated Epic EMR
• Five Magnet® recognized hospitals
• Four intensive care units that are recipients of the Beacon Award for Excellence from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses
• Recognized by Becker’s Hospital Review, 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare 2019
• Recognized by Forbes, Best Employers 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
• All HonorHealth Medical Centers achieved B or higher rating in the spring 2019 The Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades
Learn more and apply online: Jobs.HonorHealth.com
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
For immediate consideration, please apply online:
Or email your resume to Robin Ersland: email@example.com
Apply Online: https://jobs.honorhealth.com/jobs/33688?lang=en-us