RHIA or RHIT Exam Reimbursement Program
The Exam Fee Reimbursement Program is made possible through the AzHIMA scholarship program.
This program will provide $100 reimbursement of the exam fee for the RHIA or RHIT exam according to the eligibility requirements and selection process described below.
Up to 5 qualified applicants will receive $100 reimbursement of his/her exam fee.
The purpose of this program is to support both AHIMA and AzHIMA goals:
- To encourage AzHIMA’s eligible student members and new graduate members to take their exams within 180 days of passing and graduating from an accredited CAHIIM program.
- To promote the importance of the HIM professional credentials
- Strengthen our association by growing AzHIMA membership
- Promote the value of continued membership
Eligible candidates will meet ALL of the following criteria at the time of their application:
- Be an Active Member, Student Member or New Graduate member of both AHIMA and AzHIMA, in good standing (AHIMA and AzHIMA dues have been paid) at the time of their application and at the time of the semi-annual draw.
- Student must have a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above
- Student will have passed his/her RHIA or RHIT credentialing exam within 180 days after graduation from any CAHIIM accredited RHIA or RHIT program.
Qualified applications will include all of the following, submitted within the time frame stated above:
1. Submit completed application form along with the following attachments by April 1st : (or same time the Awards & Scholarships nominations are submitted)
a. college transcript showing date of graduation and GPA 3.0 or higher
b. documentation of exam date and proof of passing it
c. current copy of the AHIMA membership card
d. proof of Arizona residency (copy of current AZ drivers license or State ID card)
2. Complete application including all required attachments must be received by AzHIMA no more than 180 days after the date the applicant passed the exam.
3. Student can only submit one application per credential
Selection and Notification Process
In May of each year, the AzHIMA Scholarship Committee will select the recipients of the exam fee partial reimbursement from among those applications received. Five qualified applicants will be selected via blind draw. After the draw, each applicant will be notified whether he/she was selected to receive the exam fee partial reimbursement or not. An individual may submit an application only one time. The RHIA or RHIT Exam Fee Reimbursement program is funded through the AzHIMA Scholarship fund.