HonorHealth is a non-profit, local community healthcare system serving an area of 1.6 million people in the greater Phoenix area. The network encompasses five acute-care hospitals, an extensive medical group, outpatient surgery centers, a cancer care network, clinical research, medical education, a foundation and community services.
Outpatient Coder Lead (This is a remote opportunity, but must reside in Arizona)
Performs coding of clinical diagnoses and procedures which are utilized for reimbursement, physician and facility profiles, peer review activities, and reporting to regulating or accrediting agencies. Abstracts patient data to accurately code and maximize reimbursement, utilizing computer encoder and grouper systems. Refers cases for medical staff quality review, according to established criteria. Coordinates day-to-day operational activities. Serves as subject matter expert to Coders when issues and/or questions arise.
- Assigns and sequences ICD-10/CPT/HCPCs diagnostic and procedural codes for inpatient and/or outpatient accounts within HonorHealth. Reviews physician documentation & coding for appropriateness & accuracy and makes corrections following Medicare & AMA coding guidelines. Utilizes electronic medical record and computer-assisted coding (CAC) software. Assigns DRGs as applicable. Codes complex accounts
- Complies with system-wide coding practices to meet corporate compliance guidelines and ensures appropriate and effective reimbursement with Patient Financial Services, medical staff and various departments. Reviews and analyzes medical records for accurate ICD and CPT code selection.
- Provides effective communication and technical assistance to the Medical Staff and Quality Management. Responds appropriately to questions regarding diagnostic and/or procedure information, and provide recommendations to enhance legitimate reimbursements as demonstrated by observation. Refers cases to appropriate parties for quality review activities of the Medical Staff following established criteria as evidenced by documentation.
- Coordinates daily coding production. Assists Coders when issues and/or questions arise with resolving the following areas: Routine and complex coding, charge reconciliation, interpretation of appropriate codes, revenue compliance, documentation, and corporate compliance.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 years coding in one of the following work types: Radiology, interventional radiology, cardiology, or cardiology catheterization laboratory.
- CCS (Certified Coding Specialist)
CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder)
RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician)
RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator)
Or equivalent radiology or cardiology related certification
For immediate consideration, please apply online:
Or email your resume to Robin Ersland: email@example.com
- Tuition assistance up to $5,250* per year
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance with domestic partner coverage
- 403(b) retirement savings plan that provides immediate vesting and dollar-dollar match up to 4%
- On-site child and elder care centers
- Employee assistance program
- Free parking, discounted bus passes, fitness facilities and much more!
*terms and conditions apply
HonorHealth System Overview:
- Six acute-care hospitals
- Three Level I trauma centers
- 15 Virginia G. Piper Cancer Care Network locations
- 12,000 employees
- Medical group with 70+ primary, specialty and urgent care locations
- 500+ ongoing clinical trials and studies at the HonorHealth Research Institute
- System-wide, fully integrated Epic EMR
- Five Magnet® recognized hospitals
- Four intensive care units that are recipients of the Beacon Award for Excellence from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- Recognized by Becker’s Hospital Review, 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare 2019
- Recognized by Forbes, Best Employers 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- All HonorHealth Medical Centers achieved B or higher rating in the spring 2019 The Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.