MACRA – Physician Paradigm Shift
Recorded: December 16, 2016
CEU: 1.0 – External Forces
- Expose CMS’ Broader Strategy
- MACRA is NOT an isolated program
- MACRA is NOT a technology task
- MACRA is NOT business as usual
- Explore MACRA, its components MIPS and APMs, and the impact on physicians
- Alternative Payment Models (APMs)
- Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
- Gain knowledge on what actions to take in 2017 to secure future payments
- MACRA rewards and penalties will be determined by how well you perform in 2017 – Awards and Penalties begin in 2019
- Reveal the risk associated with the widening of the income gap
- In 2019, income gap widens by a 16% gap for high and low performing providers and more than doubles to 36% gap in 2022
- Review the criteria by which physicians will be measured
- CMS expands criteria measuring quality and resource utilization, preventative care efforts, and patient engagement in preparation for population health management.
Founder & CEO at Whittle Advisors, LLC
Kelly is a passionate strategist and expert in change leadership. As the founder of Whittle Advisors, she shares client successes through international speaking engagements and publications. Her experience includes expertise in strategy, change leadership, and solution implementation for hospitals, physician practices and specialty groups. With 20 years of leadership experience, her focus is on developing business strategies based on data-driven evidence. Her clients have been recognized nationally for outstanding ICD-10 transition achievements. Just returning from Nanjing, China, she is a founding member of the International Society of Digital Medicine.
Access instructions to the recording will be provided within 2 business days following receipt of payment
- AHIMA Member: $15
- Non-Member: $25
Should you need to cancel your meeting registration, you may provide a substitute, select an alternative date (if applicable) or cancel your registration. In any case, you must notify AzHIMA in writing by email or fax as soon as possible. A 25% processing fee will be assessed on all cancellations received at least two weeks prior to the appropriate meeting date. After that date, the full registration fee will be forfeited. All refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt.
If you need to cancel your registration, please email email@example.com. You will need to reference the meeting name and meeting date.
When you register online, you will have the option to pay by mail with a check or pay online with a credit card (AMEX, MasterCard, Visa, or Discover).
If you are paying by check, select “mail a check” under payment options. You will later see instructions to print the confirmation page and mail your payment to KnowledgeConnex. The mailing address will be on the invoice. Make your check payable to KnowledgeConnex and include the confirmation/order number with the check. Checks that do not reference the confirmation number will be returned to you and will not be applied to the registration.