Call for Board Nominations
The Arizona Health Information Management Association (AzHIMA) Nominating Committee wants you to suggest fellow members and/or yourself as possible candidates for the AzHIMA Board of Director positions for the next association year July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022.
The deadline date is November 30, 2020.
Nominations are being accepted for the following positions:
- President-Elect – 3 year term (President-Elect, President, Past-President)
- Delegate – 2 year term (1st Year Delegate, 2nd Year Delegate)
- Director of Advocacy – 2 year term
Elected BOD persons are expected to:
- Be a current AHIMA member in good standing
- Have Arizona as primary AHIMA Component State Association (CSA)
- Attend BOD meetings. Meetings are generally held 9 times a year, via webex. There will be no meeting in June, September or October (depending the date of the AHIMA National Meeting), and/or December. Meeting days are determined by the incoming President. For July’s BOD meeting, it may be an all-day face-to-face meeting due to transition of the incoming and outgoing board members.
- Time expectations include about 10 hours a month. Two to three hours for the BOD meeting, BOD follow/up items, emails, and regularly visits to the AHIMA, State leaders Engage, and AZ Geographic Engage.
- Have employer support
- Have computer and email access
- Be able to travel local and out of state
- Association travel may require sharing a room with same sex board member
- Write an article(s) for the newsletter quarterly and when the association sends you to a meeting’
- Travel Assignments
AHIMA Leadership Symposium – Chicago, IL – 3 days (usually Thursday – Saturday in July)
President, President-Elect, Past President, 1st & 2ndYear Delegates
National AHIMA House of Delegates – 2 days in September or October
President-Elect, Advocacy Director & Others as assigned
AHIMA Advocacy Day – 3 days (Sun – Tues in March)
All Board of Directors
AzHIMA State Convention – 3 days – All BOD Positions (usually in June)
For more information please contact the Nominating Committee:
Committee Chair: Katherine Andersen at email@example.com