The Arizona Health Information Management Association (AzHIMA) Nominating Committee wants you to suggest fellow members and/or yourself as possible candidates for the AzHIMA Board of Director positions for the next association year July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024.
The deadline date is January 25, 2023.
Nominations are being accepted for the following positions:
- President-Elect – 3-year term (President-Elect, President, Past-President)
- Delegate – 2-year term (1st Year Delegate, 2nd Year Delegate)
- Director of Advocacy – 2-year term
Elected BOD persons are expected to:
- Be a current AHIMA member in good standing
- Have Arizona as primary AHIMA Component State Association (CSA)
- Attend BOD meetings. Meetings are generally held 9 times a year, via webex. There may not be a meeting in September or October (depending on the date of the AHIMA Convention), and/or December. Meeting days are determined by the incoming President. For June’s BOD meeting, it may be an all-day face-to-face meeting due to the transition of the incoming and outgoing board members.
- Time expectations include about 10 hours a month. Two to three hours for the BOD meeting, BOD follow/up items, emails, and regular visits to the AHIMA, State Leaders Access and AZ Access Communities.
- Have employer support
- Have computer and email access
- Be able to travel local and out of state
- Association travel may require sharing a room with same-sex board member
- Write an article(s) for the newsletter quarterly and when the association sends you to a meeting
- AHIMA Leadership Symposium –
Chicago, IL – 1-3 days (usually in July)
Note: This meeting may be held in person or virtually – TBD
President, President-Elect, Past President, 1st & 2nd Year Delegates
- AHIMA House of Delegates –
2-3 days in September or October
- AHIMA Advocacy Summit –
3 days (Sun – Tues in March)
President-Elect and Advocacy Director
- AzHIMA Annual Meeting –
3 days (usually in June)
All Board of Directors
For more information please contact the Nominating Committee Chair, Dr. Sandra Brightwell, at Sandra.Brightwell@centralaz.edu.